Internal Test Engineer
A vacant position created as the result of continued annual growth within Power Control Ltd, an independently owned company, incorporated in 1994 and recognised market leader in solid state and modular Uninterruptible Power Supplies.
The main purpose of the role is to test and repair UPS units, to coordinate components and spares required as part of the process including control of all engineering spares and provide telephone support to customers.
The candidate will have experience working within an electronics repair environment and ideally within an electrical/electronic SME, be looking to build a career within a production/engineering business and be prepared for working in a dynamic environment. The candidate should be capable of multi-tasking and prioritising workload on a variety of levels.
As the candidate will be trusted with confidential commercial information, it is essential the candidate is completely trustworthy and discrete.
The candidate should be able to understand the business aims and objectives to successfully work in this environment.
Responsible to: Service Operations Manager
- Testing, repair and set up UPS units returned for repair
- Manage the process for receiving, testing, reporting and returning spares replaced under warranty
- Maintain component spares required for repairs
- Provide telephone support to customers with faults on single phase UPS, software and connectivity
- Ensure accurate completion of all documentation
- Assist with any other duty within the service department
- Maintain standards of tidiness in the workshop
- Ensure the economical and efficient use of resources
- Maintain highest standards of health and safety
- Maintain a positive and healthy working environment
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum ONC/OND electronics or higher
- Single Phase UPS experience would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of power electronics
- A working knowledge, understanding/qualifications in Network Management Systems and/or a
- working knowledge of communications interfaces with BMS and control systems
- Knowledge of software protocol and communications – SNMP, Modbus, RS232, RS485
- Bench engineer experience
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills
You take pride in your work and approach all tasks with energy and enthusiasm
Calm, efficient and helpful – even on the busiest of days
A team player but you are also happy to work on your own and keep yourself busy
Excellent communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Flexible and adaptable to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
Normal working standard office hours of 40 per week between 8.00am and 5.00pm.
£18-20k per annum (depending on experience) plus Westfield Health Cashback Scheme.
Within a commutable distance of the office.
Description: Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Standby Power, Installation, Commissioning and Service.
2016 Turnover: £9 million
Additional notes: The company is a forward thinking organisation working within the Standby Power market. Having over 22 years’ experience since first trading in July 1994 and with annual growth, year on year since 2009, the company is looking to replace an estimator in the sales support department after an internal transfer. Full product training will be provided.
Apply for this role by forwarding your CV and covering letter to email@example.com