A vacant position created as the result of continued annual growth within Power Control Ltd, an independently owned company, incorporated in 1994 and recognised market leader in Uninterruptible Power.
The main purpose of the role is planning, scheduling and coordination of all services, remedial works and engineers daily working hours. There is a variety of administrative and commercial duties, along with administration support for the service support and engineering management functions. The role is also to support clients with any enquiries and to be a main point of contact for them within the office for service based enquiries.
The candidate should have had experience in service co-ordination and be prepared for working in a dynamic SME service environment. The candidate should be capable of multi-tasking and prioritising workload on a variety of levels while working closely with both the service team and the Service Operations Manager. The ability to work on your own initiative is essential within this sometimes fast paced and high pressure environment.
The candidate should be able to understand the business aims and objectives to successfully work in this environment.
Responsible to: Service Operations Manager
Main tasks of job:
- Planning and co-ordinating all types of service works, repairs and emergency faults with customers including large multiple site/multiple UPS contracts.
- Responding to any customers queries (email and phone) relating to service works.
- Scheduling all types of engineers’ works to maximise engineer efficiency and minimise the need for engineer overtime.
- Organising subcontractor appointments.
- Raising job paperwork (Job sheets, RAMS, SSoW etc.), sending to engineers in a timely manner and checking for accuracy.
- Coordinating and liaising with subcontractors.
- Coordinating working rotas (working weekends, on-call etc.).
- Engineers’ PPE & uniform management.
- Test equipment & tools calibration management.
- Updating company service database.
- Monitor and report on engineer performance (on-time, driving speeds, reporting, sickness, holidays).
- Scheduling of engineer training.
- Support for service administration functions including but not limited to company fleet, timesheets, expenses, travel, accommodation, petty cash and purchasing.
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience working as a Service Co-ordinator.
- Experience co-ordinating service engineers.
- Strong commercial awareness and customer service skills.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills – including word, excel and outlook.
- Excellent telephone skills and ability to communicate effectively when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail with excellent organisational skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
Normally working standard office hours of 37.5 per week between 9.00am and 5.30pm with very occasional travelling to visit clients.
£22k per annum plus healthcare scheme.
Within a commutable distance of the office.
Description: Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Standby Power, Installation, Commissioning and Service.
Turnover: £9.6 million
Additional notes: The company is a forward thinking organisation working within the Standby Power market. Having over 22 years’ experience since first trading in July 1994 and with annual growth, year on year since 2009.
Apply for this role by forwarding your CV and covering letter to email@example.com